ELLEN G. SMITH, ESQUIRE
Ellen G. Smith, Esquire
Ellen Smith joined Boyle Leonard & Anderson, P.A. in 2014. Mrs. Smith began her career as an assistant state attorney after graduation from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2011. Since becoming a member of the Florida bar, Mrs. Smith has conducted numerous jury trials. During law school, Mrs. Smith clerked at Liles, Gavin & George P.A. She also was a certified legal intern and worked at Jacksonville’s Office of General Counsel and in her law school’s foreclosure clinic. Mrs. Smith graduated in the top three percent of her law school class and participated in her school’s Moot Court Honor Board.
Mrs. Smith is originally from the Tampa Bay area and is happy to be part of Boyle Leonard & Anderson, P.A. She focuses her practice on insurance coverage disputes, risk transfer issues in the commercial general liability context, insurance claim presentation, commercial and business litigation and bad faith. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
Ellen has been selected to Rising Stars by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Juris Doctorate – Florida Coastal School of Law, 2011
- Magna Cum Laude; Moot Court Honor Board
- Bachelor of Science – Human Sciences, Florida State University, 2008
- Cum Laude; Golden Key Honor Society; Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Order of Omega Honor Society
Admissions to Practice
- State of Florida, 2011
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
Pro Hac Vice Admissions
- Boyle Leonard & Anderson, P.A.
- Sixth Judicial Circuit, Office of Bernie McCabe State Attorney
- Assistant State Attorney
- Liles, Gavin & George, P.A.
- Law Clerk
- City of Jacksonville, Office of General Counsel
- Certified Legal Intern
- Florida Coastal School of Law Foreclosure Clinic
- Certified Legal Intern
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Lee County Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
Our Practice Areas of Expertise
Insurance Disputes and Claims
Insurance Bad Faith Claims
Insurance Coverage Co-Counsel
Insurance Agent & Insurance Broker Claims
Real Estate Matters
Mediation / Arbitration
Personal & Business Disputes
With offices in Fort Myers, Tampa and South Carolina, Boyle, Leonard & Anderson, P.A.
is an insurance litigation law firm that serves clients across North America and the Caribbean.
9111 W. COLLEGE POINTE DRIVE
FORT MYERS, FL 33919
PH: 239-337-1303 | FAX: 239-337-7674
1501 W. Cleveland St., Ste 302
TAMPA, FL 33606
PH: 813-305-3019 | FAX: 239-337-7674
P.O. BOX 31578
CHARLESTON, SC 29417
PH: 854-800-0804 | FAX: 239-337-7674